About me-G. Scott Klimt
Some people can play music; others can draw pictures. I can market. I am an anomaly. I’m right brained and I’m left brained. I’m whole brained. I’m creative, strategic, and have an eye for the arts. I’m logical, analytical, and get things done.
I create effective marketing strategies starting with product development, distribution, pricing strategies, and promotion. I know that effective marketing requires strategic discipline, rigorous research, and clear understanding of the meaningful benefits that make products and services appealing to consumers.
I’ve studied marketing for over 6 years in a university setting. I earned my Bachelors of Arts in Marketing from the University of Utah in 2002. I received my Masters of Business Administration from the University of Utah in the spring of 2009. During my post graduate studies I continued to study marketing while placing an extra emphasis on entrepreneurship. I also enjoy creative writing, graphic design, and programming.
I have been working in sales and marketing for at least 15 years. I have 7 years of professional experience since finishing my BA. I’ve helped or overseen the marketing for consumer products, apparel, events, business services, and more. I’ve created successful promotions and advertising campaigns across all forms of media. I’ve developed systems in improve sales and customer satisfaction. I’ve created ways to lower costs and increase revenue through pricing strategies.
I look forward to helping your business grow.
- MBA, BA in Marketing, and over 9 years of sales and marketing experiences.
- Highly creative mind, essential analytical skills, and desired entrepreneurial motivation.
- Expertise in marketing mix management and marketing strategy. Including product development, promotions, branding, positioning, Internet marketing (SEO/SEM, PPC, and Social Networking), research analysis, and advertising.
- Experience in all advertising media, web analytics (Omniture SiteCatalyst and Google Analytics), database, relationship, direct, and viral marketing.
- UNIVERSITY OF UTAH, 9/07–3/09, Master of Business Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Emphasis, 3.5 GPA
- BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY-JERUSALEM, ISRAEL, 6/00-9/00, Middle Eastern Studies, 4.0 GPA
- UNIVERSITY OF UTAH, 9/99–7/02, Bachelor of Arts, Business Marketing, 3.6 GPA, 3.9 Major GPA
- NOAH CORPORATION, Marketing Director
- SANTALETTERZ.COM/ONLINE LETTERZ LLC, Director of Sales and Marketing
- A-PLUS BENEFITS, Business Consultant, Outside Sales Representative
- OFFSIDE APPAREL AND PRINT, Cofounder, Managing Partner, Director of Sales and Marketing
- DEL SOL LC, Merchandising Manager, Product Manager, Marketing Research, Executive Intern
- UTAH OUTDOOR ADVERTISING, Outside Sales Manager
- INGENIX PUBLISHING, Outbound Sales Representative
Professional Skills: marketing strategy, marketing mix management, market research, brand positioning, Internet marketing (SEO/SEM, CMS/CRM, PPC, Email, and social networking) viral marketing, direct marketing, relationship marketing, web analytics, product life-cycle management, database marketing, promotions, sponsorship, event planning, direct mail, campaign tracking, media buying, packaging, graphic design, copy writing, new product development and introduction
Professional Attributes: creative, solution-oriented, organized, detail-oriented, strategic thinker, outstanding written and verbal communications skills, goal-oriented, strong ability to lead and motivate
Software Applications: Windows OS, Mac OS, Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Word, Power Point), Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver), File Maker, iWork (Numbers, Pages)
Web Programming: HTML, PHP, CSS, MySQL
Foreign Language: Speak and write Spanish fluently
Personal Interests: Entrepreneurship, soccer, history, music, travel, audio-video, electronics, carpentry